Enter your contact information below to alert one of our representatives and someone will contact you within 1 business day.
Walking Liberty Half Dollar
The front of this coin is the same design that was resurrected for the obverse of the modern American Silver Eagle. It was actually chosen for the Silver Eagle because of its widespread popularity and appeal. It was originally designed and put into circulation in 1916. This design by Adolph Weinman replaced the Barber half dollar. The Walking Liberty half was produced until 1947, and then replaced by the Franklin half in 1948.
Prior to 1965, circulating US half dollars were 90% silver, along with quarters and dimes. The remaining 10% of this coinage was copper. While some modern bullion stackers have taken to calling pre 1965 coins “junk silver” these half dollars aren’t something anyone would want to throw away.
Each one of these Walking Liberty halves contains .362 Troy oz. of silver. This makes these coins a great choice to add to your silver bullion collection. They are also a fine alternative to silver rounds made by private mints. Silver coinage that was produced for circulation in the United States is easily recognized, and easy to sell or trade because of that fact.
$10 Face Roll
These rolls of Walking Liberty halves contain 20 coins each. This gives them a face value of $10, although the amount of silver they contain is worth far more.
Since many of these coins have made their way to ModernCoinMart individually or as part of a collection, they will arrive in ModernCoinMart packaging. These are not in paper coin rolls where they could be easily damaged, they are protected by a snug fitting plastic tube. The coins themselves could be in a variety of conditions, since this is determined by what condition they are in when they arrive at ModernCoinMart.
Walking Liberty Half Dollar Design
The front of these half dollars show Liberty in stride before the sun and its rays. With one arm extended, she carries a bundle of oak and laurel branches with her other arm. Weinman’s intention for the oak and laurel branches was to symbolize the prestige of the United States military as well as our society. Behind Liberty, the Stars and Stripes can be seen floating in the breeze. This side is inscribed with the words LIBERTY, IN GOD WE TRUST, and the year the coin was struck.
On the reverse, a bald eagle is shown in the powerful and proud rising position. Next to the eagle is a small tree that has begun to grow from a crack in the rocks. Weinman’s intention for the small tree was to symbolize the United States and its ability to overcome adversity. The back side reads UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, E PLURIBUS UNUM, and HALF DOLLAR.
Whether you’re looking to add a few ounces of silver to your collection, or you just want to buy a roll to add some character, these $10 Walking Liberty half dollar rolls should be a part of every collection.
This $10 Face Value Rolls (20 Coins) 1916-1947 Junk Silver Walking Liberty Half Dollar Avg Circ is proudly minted by the U.S. Mint. The United States Mint was founded in 1792 and manufactures circulating, collectible, and bullion coinage.
|Year of Issue:||1916-1947|
|Quantity:||$10 Face Value Rolls (20 Coins)|
|Weight in Grams:||11.250 g|
|Weight in Ounces:||0.3617 oz|
|Legal Tender:||United States|
Adolph Weinman's numismatic legacy cannot be understated. His designs were and continue to be some of the most recognizable and prized among collectors, such as the obverse of the beloved American Silver Eagle, and both faces of the recently debuted American Palladium Eagle series-which is getting its first uncirculated issue in September 2020.
As the first-ever U.S. Mint coin to feature an African American woman is released, MCM explores the history and future of Lady Liberty on coinage.
Walter Pehowich is on vacation today, so our commentary comes from Stephen W. Miller, CEO of Dillon Gage Companies.