2022 American Silver Eagle GEM BU Lot of 3
|Country of Manufacture
|United States (US)
|Year of Issue
|Lot of 3
|Adolph A. Weinman
|Weight - Primary Unit Value
Why order this Lot of 3 2022 $1 American Silver Eagles?
The U.S. Mint continues the rich tradition of the American Silver Eagle with this 2022 edition. 2022 marks just the second year of issue of the Type 2 design which features Emily Damstra's "Eagle Landing" reverse design that debuted in mid-2021. These coins also feature Adolph Weinman's artist mark on the obverse and a reeded edge variation, a security feature that was added in 2021.
- Each coin is $1 U.S. legal tender.
- Each Silver Eagle was struck on a 1 oz planchet of .999 fine silver.
- The Silver Eagle series started in 1986 and celebrated its 35 anniversary in 2021.
- The American Silver Eagle is among the world's most popular bullion coins.
- This is the second year of issue of the Type 2 version of the series.
- The Type 2 version replaced the Type 1 in mid-2021.
- Adolph Weinman's artist mark appears on the obverse.
- This coins have an interrupted reeded edge, a security feature introduced in 2021.
- These pieces will arrive in GEM Brilliant Uncirculated condition.
Powerful Eagle Landing Design by Emily Damstra
Obverse: The obverse design comes from Adolph Weinman's Walking Liberty Half Dollar. The early morning sun begins to rise as Liberty carries laurel and oak branches while draped in the American flag. Inscriptions on this face include her name, "LIBERTY," the date, "2021," and the national motto, "IN GOD WE TRUST." Adolph Weinman was among the most important contributors to the early 20th century American numismatic renaissance. His most famous coins were the Walking Liberty Half Dollar and the Mercury Dime.
Reverse: Emily Damstra's Eagle Landing design graces the reverse for the second time. An eagle spreads its wings as it prepares to land with an oak branch in its talons. "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA," "ONE DOLLAR," and "1 OZ. FINE SILVER" are inscribed along the rim, while the motto "E PLURIBUS UNUM" is also included on this face. Emily Damstra earned her M.F.A. degree from the University of Michigan. She has contributed designs for several coins since 2017.
Add this Lot of 3 $1 American 2022 Silver Eagles to your collection today.
MCM offers Fast, Free Domestic Shipping on orders $199 and above and ships to over 40 countries around the world. All non-bullion items are covered by our 30-Day, No-Hassle Return Policy.