With the amount of non payers on EBay these days.

Discussion in 'All Things eBay' started by Vegas Jay, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Patrick Montrose

Patrick Montrose Active Member

I'm not saying there is a problem using Paypal, as a Buyer it is actually to my advantage. No charge for using it (unless the Seller is raising his/her price to cover their Paypal fee) and as I said, they covered my purchase price while the transfer from my bank account to Paypal was taking place. My problem with Paypal is that I don't have any choices, I have to use Paypal for anything I buy on eBay, I can't use my debit card or my regular charge card (they are getting very obnoxious pushing their credit card) and I resent that fact. One thing has made it a little easier to get a few bucks into Paypal, the Coinstar machine in my local supermarket now gives me the option of having the money go into my Paypal account instead of directly to me and if I choose Paypal, Coinstar waives their fee.

Now this week I received 4 items I bought on eBay, three of them had a note inside the package from the Seller stating that if I went directly to their website, I could get the item I bought and other items they sell for less than on eBay. Sounds like Sellers are getting tired of the Seller cost of doing busines, unless they are a power seller. A local pawn shop told me that they just pay a 3% total charge for both eBay and Paypal because they are Power Sellers".

Only problem I ever had on eBay was that Seller from Sweden, I think most of you remember him, I posted his "communications" to me on ths forum, It was over him trying to charge me $25 shipping when he had listed $2.50. eBay wouldn't let him get away with it, and boy was he anti-American in his rants to me, broken English and insults galore. I just shrugged and was charged the $2.50 and eBay wouldn't let him leave negative feedback for me. I didn't leave any feedback for him, but I guess I wussed out, I should have left him a negative.

2. pcunix

pcunix Guest

That's cool. I wonder why? Maybe Paypal assumes they'll make money when you spend it and gives something to Coinstar?

Was this a replacement machine or did that feature just suddenly show up?

3. Patrick Montrose

I really don't kmow if it's a new machine. I just happen to pass it and saw the options offered for the money received for the coins and saw Paypal listed. There's also a card you can buy, I think it's called the Money Card that for a $5 fee deposits the money loaded onto the card into your Paypal account.

4. pcunix

pcunix Guest

I checked with Coinstar. It's only on some machines, but they let you set up to tell you when one becomes near you. It's a great idea, especially for roll searchers.

5. Red

Red Well-Known Member

km04 likes this.
  6. km04

km04 Well-Known Member

I think this may be a good thing for silver stackers, if it is what it is touted to be. I don't doubt that it is, I just don't know enough about SBSS and Chris to jump on the band wagon. I'm going to have to do some research on this.

7. Red

Red Well-Known Member

Fill me in. I'm curious too.

8. km04

km04 Well-Known Member

Will do, as soon as I read up on it.

9. Red

Red Well-Known Member

Here's someones take on it km04. Not too much difference.

10. Patrick Montrose

eBay strikes again!!! I used Buy it Now to buy two capsules for the Kilo coins at a cost of $4.29. I clicked on Pay Now and Paypal deducted the amount. Instead of a dollar sign, in My eBay Summary, an hour glass appeared. When I put my cursor over it the message "payment to Propay pending." Propay??????

That message is still there and today I got an email from eBay that the Seller opened a case against me for non-payment (remember this is over $4.29). I sent the Seller a message that I paid him on the 20th, eBay had the message payment pending to Propay, and what the heck was propay.
    He sent back to me that he didn't take Paypal (I thought everyone had to take Paypal), he didn't get his money and he wanted me to give him my charge card number. Yeah, like I was born yesterday. I called eBay, they confirmed that I paid on the 20th, but the money was "unclaimed". I asked them what Propay was and they didn't know. I finally got them to agree to contact the Seller and try and straighten this mess out (over $4.29). and I better not get a negative over this. 753 transactions and everyone of them has a positive feedback, I don't want a negative over $4.29!!!!!!

I'll keep you guys informed.

11. pcunix

pcunix Guest

If it helps, when I see someone with 99% + positive, I always look to see why. It's often something stupid like this and I just ignore it.

12. Patrick Montrose

13. Patrick Montrose

Aughhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Silver's under $20 an oz. ---------$19.97. Time to pull out your hair OR time to buy more.

14. Red

Red Well-Known Member

Buy more buy more buy more..............

15. joel

joel Well-Known Member

ditto

16. foysal

foysal New Member

Hey,guys how are you ? You should must benefited to Sell B coin to Paypal. so Changed pay pal again. perfect cost €9359 for btc certainly recommend x-crypto.com website. thank you..