2022-W Proof American Silver Eagle NGC PF69 UC FR
|Credit Card / Paypal
|Country of Manufacture
|United States (US)
|Year of Issue
|Ultra Cameo (UC)
|First Releases (FR)
|Adolph A. Weinman
|Weight - Primary Unit Value
Why buy this 2022-W American Proof Silver Eagle graded by NGC in Proof 69 Ultra Cameo condition?
Add some patriotism to your collection with this 2022-W American Silver Eagle Proof. The coin is the latest issue in a series that started in 1986. This coin is the proof counterpart to one of the most popular bullion coins in the world. This coin features the Type 2 design, which replaced the Type 1 version in mid-2021, and includes a new reverse design, a security feature, and Adolph Weinman's artist mark.
- This coin is $1 legal tender in the United States.
- This coin was struck from an ounce of .999 fine silver.
- This piece bears the West Point Mint's "W" mint mark.
- This is the proof counterpart to one of the world's most popular bullion coins, the Silver Eagle.
- The Type 2 version of the coin was introduced in mid-2021. 2022 is the second year of issue.
- Adolph Weinman's artist mark appears on the obverse.
- The coin has an interrupted reeded edge, a new security feature that was introduced for the Type 2 version of the coin.
- Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) graded this piece Proof 69.
- NGC certified this coin Ultra Cameo (UC) and First Releases (FR).
Striking Eagle Landing Design by Emily Damstra
Obverse: Adolph Weinman's iconic Walking Liberty design returned to the obverse. Liberty is draped in the American flag as she carries branches, laurel for civilian honors and oak for military honors, in the early morning sun. Her name, "LIBERTY," is inscribed above, while "2022" and "IN GOD WE TRUST" are included elsewhere on this face. Adolph Weinman immigrated to the United States from Germany. He was a prominent sculptor and numismatic designer.
Reverse: On the reverse, an eagle prepares to land with an oak branch in its talons. The image was designed by Emily Damstra. Rim inscriptions read, "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA," "1 OZ. FINE SILVER," and "ONE DOLLAR." Inside the rim inscriptions is the statutory motto "E PLURIBUS UNUM." Emily Damstra graduated from the University of Michigan with an M.F.A. Her designs have been appearing on American coins since 2017.
Virtually Flawless PF69 UC FR
The experts at Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) awarded this piece their second highest grade, Proof 69 (PF69). That means that the coin appears perfect to the unaided eye. They also certified the coin Ultra Cameo (UC) and Early Releases (ER). The UC designation credits this piece for exhibiting particularly sharp contrasts between heavily frosted devices and deeply mirrored fields, while the ER designation means that it was submitted for grading within 30 days of its initial release from the mint.
Add this NGC Proof 69 Ultra Cameo First Releases American 2022-W Proof Silver Eagle to your collection today.
MCM offers Fast, Free Domestic Shipping on orders $199 and above and ships to over 40 countries around the world. All non-bullion items are covered by our 30-Day, No-Hassle Return Policy.