2022 1 oz Gold American Eagle $50 NGC MS70 FR Black Core Holder Exclusive Gold Foil Label
|Country of Manufacture
|United States (US)
|Year of Issue
|Gold Foil - Exclusive
|First Releases (FR)
|Weight - Primary Unit Value
Why purchase this NGC Mint State 70 First Releases 2022 1 oz Gold $50 American Eagle encapsulated with a Black Core and Exclusive Gold Foil Label?
Share in the pride and pageantry of one of America's longest currently running gold bullion series with this 2022 1 oz Gold Eagle. 2022 marks the second year of issue of the Type 2 release in the series, following the first that came in mid-2021. Besides having a new "Eagle Portrait" reverse design that that just debuted in mid-2021, it also has a touched up obverse design that the U.S. Mint brought closer to the original designs of Augustus Saint-Gaudens through the use of its historical assets.
- This coin is $50 legal tender in the United States.
- This Gold Eagle was struck on a 1 oz planchet of .9167 fine gold.
- This is part of the second year of issue of the Type 2 release of the Gold Eagle.
- The Gold Eagle is beloved for its beauty and its U.S. government backing for weight and purity.
- This coin has a security feature, an interrupted reeded edge.
- The U.S. Mint brought the obverse image on Type 2 Gold Eagles closer to Augustus Saint-Gaudens's original design through the use of its historical assets.
- Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) graded this piece Mint State 70.
- NGC certified this coin First Releases.
- Grading information is provided on an exclusive gold foil label.
- The coin comes set in a sleek black core.
Featuring the Patriotic Eagle Design of Jennie Norris
Obverse: Gracing the obverse as it has since the series began is the iconic Saint-Gaudens design. Named for Augustus Saint-Gaudens, who designed it, the image features Liberty striking a confident pose with her torch and and olive branch in her hands as she stands facing the holder against a backdrop of the sun's rays. Her name, "LIBERTY," is inscribed on this face, as is the date, "2022." Augustus Saint-Gaudens was a sculptor who immigrated to the United States from Ireland. This design is his best known work.
Reverse: Renata Gordon sculpted Jennie Norris's eagle design for the reverse. The bird is joined by a pair of statutory mottoes, "E PLURIBUS UNUM" and "IN GOD WE TRUST." Along the rim are inscriptions that provide the name of the issuing country, "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA," the coin's face value, "50 DOLLARS," and its metal content, "1 OZ. FINE GOLD." Jennie Norris made her numismatic debut with this design in mid-2021. She has won awards in the category of fine art.
Flawless MS70 FR with Black Core Holder and Exclusive Gold Foil Label
The experts at Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) indicated that this piece appears flawless under 5x magnification by grading it Mint State 70. They further indicated that it was submitted for grading no more than 30 days after its initial mint release by certifying it First Releases. This information comes on a gold foil label exclusive to ModernCoinMart, and the coin is set in a black core holder.
Add this NGC Mint State 70 First Releases $50 American 2022 1 oz Gold Eagle featuring the stunning combination of a black core and exclusive Gold Foil Label to your collection today.
MCM offers Fast, Free Domestic Shipping on orders $199 and above and ships to over 40 countries around the world. All non-bullion items are covered by our 30-Day, No-Hassle Return Policy.