Home US Coins Other US Coins U.S. Cents Roll Of 50 - 1949-D Lincoln Cent GEM BU

Roll of 50 - 1949-D Lincoln Cent GEM BU

Sold Out
Roll of 50 - 1949-D Lincoln Cent GEM BU

Not In Stock

SKU64406
Sign Up For Notifications

Why add this fifty-count roll of 1949-D Lincoln Wheat Cents to your collection?

The Lincoln Cent series was introduced in 1909 to commemorate the 100th Anniversary of Abraham Lincoln's birth, and is currently the longest running series in U.S. Mint history. The series' original imagery minted until 1958, known as the Lincoln Wheat Cent, was designed by Victor David Brenner, a Lithuanian-born sculptor who emigrated to the U.S. in 1890.

  • This roll contains fifty 1949-D Lincoln Wheat Cents.
  • Each coin was struck at the Denver Mint and carries the "D" Mint mark.
  • Each coin is minted from 95% copper, with the remaining 5% a zinc and tin alloy.
  • Each coin features a Brilliant Uncirculated finish and a diameter measurement of 19 mm.
  • Final mintage of the 1949-D penny is reported to be only 153,132,500 coins.

Distinguished Portrait of the President

Obverse: Centered on the obverse is Brenner's lifelike sculpture of Abraham Lincoln. The right facing image is surrounded by the inscriptions "IN GOD WE TRUST," "LIBERTY," the date of issue "1949" and the Denver Mint mark "D." The designer's initials "V.D.B." appear at the truncation point of Lincoln's shoulder.

Reverse: The coin's "ONE CENT" denomination dominates the reverse, with "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" below. The bold inscription is flanked by two bowed art deco style grains of wheat, with the motto "E PLURIBUS UNUM" curving above, which is Latin for "out of many, one."

Fifty Brilliant Uncirculated Copper Coins

Each coin in this roll of fifty 1949-D Lincoln Wheat Cents is considered to be in stunning Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition. Expect each ungraded coin to be superbly struck with expertly finished surfaces, an outstanding amount of original Mint luster and fantastic eye appeal.

This Brilliant Uncirculated roll of fifty Denver Mint 1949 Lincoln Wheat Cents will make an exciting addition to your collection of American coinage treasures!



This Roll of 50 - 1949-D Lincoln Cent GEM BU is proudly minted by the U.S. Mint. The United States Mint was founded in 1792 and manufactures circulating, collectible, and bullion coinage.

Year of Issue:1949
Mint:U.S. Mint
Mint Mark:D
Branch:Denver
Quantity:Roll of 50
Grading Service:Uncertified
Grade:GEM BU
Composition:Bronze
Diameter:19 mm
Edge Type:Plain
Country:United States
Legal Tender:United States
Currency:Dollar
Denomination:0.01
Mintage:153,132,500
Obverse Design:Wheat
Reverse Design:Abraham Lincoln
MCM offers Fast, Free Domestic Shipping with no minimum and ships to over 40 countries around the world.  All Smart Ship eligible items are guaranteed to ship next business day.  All non-bullion items are covered by our 30-Day, No-Hassle Return Policy.

X