Art and Coin TV

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PearlJaMdP, Dec 28, 2013.

1. PearlJaMdP

PearlJaMdP New Member

I don't really have anything I want to buy or sell (or trade, etc)... I was just curious as to how many people have bought coins from Art and Coin TV. I actually enjoy watching it. It's actually a good place to learn about coins. I just think their prices are high. Thoughts?
  2. Aaron Knouff

Aaron Knouff Member

Ok, I too enjoy (sometimes) listening to the guys on there and yes they have high as hell prices, and they do have great information. I'd never buy anything from them though.
  3. Georgie Porgie

Georgie Porgie Active Member

I love watching art n coin tv also especially the coin vault. I don't usually buy from them mostly educational. But I did buy 4- 2013 canada bald eagle portrait of power pcgs pr70 dcam coins and sold 2 on feebay and almost tripled my money. I used it to buy the other 3 to make a couple sets. I couldn't afford to buy the other 3 when emailed about them from coin vault but could have saved $30 per coin compared to what I paid on feebay. Gotta have money to make money :( The first in that series really demands a high premium
  4. RichH

RichH Active Member

They used to have a weekend show where I live but no more. I watched mainly to learn more about coin collecting but never bought anything. Their prices are very high from what I saw.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  5. Georgie Porgie

They are on mon, tues. and Thursday eves on directv. Prices are usually high though. I have seen a lot of their ngc coin vault exclusive labels reselling on feebay.
  6. Georgie Porgie

They sold those canada bald eagle series pcgs pr70 dcams for $139. I sold 1 for $585 and one for $535. Still good profit after13% fees. Not bragging just saying once in awhile you can get a deal pending supply,demand, time held ect...
    PearlJaMdP likes this.
  7. EdS

EdS Founding Member

Art and Coin is high priced, charges s/h and I received grossly spotted/splotched ASEs from them. They accepted them in return and refunded me in full. The product should never have been shipped in the first place and have not purchased from them since. Coin Vault's prices tend to be high with $9.95 s/h total on all orders placed in the same 24hr. period. They are a good source for RCM products in OGP and often the earliest and only US source on limited mintages. AANTV has auction products which add 10% buyers premium + s/h. Their "buy it now" items have free s/h with no buyers premium. I found that buying raw coins from them resulted in coins that looked worse than what had been pictured on TV. Therefore I only buy certified coins from them-never OGP ones that have been "cherry picked" for the ones sent for grading. The best thing in watching them is much like Comedy Club-watch them and see what I mean. All the TV coin programs are a source of information on their offerings and I use them as background lighting when doing other things---like surfing MCF!

Before buying from any of them, be familiar with what u're doing. Double check all prices with those on MCM, Paradise Mint, Silvertowne,etc.. No one source is always the cheapest or most expensive. So, gud hunting and remember: caveat emptor
    PearlJaMdP likes this.
  8. PearlJaMdP

PearlJaMdP New Member

Thanks for all the great feedback!